Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Nov 6, 2011

7 years and no itchin' here!!

Today was our 7th anniversary.  It seems like just yesterday, yet forever ago at the same time!  I remember how he called me to go to his brother Dan's and my best friend Amy's rehearsal dinner like it was yesterday :)  Yet, it's hard to remember what life was like before him?!?!  I guess it's like it is when you try to remember life before you have kids ;)  We spent the day going to church, taking Jackson to a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese, playing outside, cooking a yummy dinner by candle light, going to eat treats at Cold Stone, and then off to Walmart to grocery shop!  Yep, busy day for us!  Good thing too b/c it seemed to last FOREVER with the time change! 
This was our first official picture taken together on our brother and sister-in-laws rehearsal dinner night.  John proposed only 8 months after this pic and we were engaged a little under a year after that :) Ugh I hate my hair and what was I thinking?!!?  Can you believe he thought I was cute?!?! LOL   
Look how young we were!  My hair was soooo short and Johns was long or full I should say ;)   I am so lucky to be so in love with him and we have shared and been though so much together in this past decade.  I look forward to watching our children grow older and all that is to come with the wisdom of getting older.  I think each year of marriage is easier, but it is definitely something that you have to work at and I think we are always working to improve our relationship~I don't think that will ever stop.  John's grandmother Ballard sent us a card and said that her and grandfather have been married 68 years!! That is truly amazing.  I hope we make that...I will be 92...and John would be 95...I think we could do it!!  Shoot, 92 is the new 75 ;)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

congrats on 7 years! time does fly...it seems like yesterday we were in high school!

Ali said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are too cute!