Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Nov 29, 2011

Decorating the Tree!

 Jackson loved picking out the tree...so much in fact that he never wanted to leave the lot! LOL
 It was extremely hard for me to let him help decorate the tree and this is the first year I let him help.  I wasn't too picky about which ones he put up, but I was picky about how low he put breakable ones.  Of course, a few have already bit the dust, but they both LOVE it.  John got a remote to turn it on (best idea ever!) and Jackson is obsessed with it...he turns it on and off for us everyday :)  Bailey knows that touching the tree is a "no, no!" in fact, she walks up to it and says..."no, no!" hahaha Unfortunately, it doesn't really stop her from doing it! Jackson is enjoying telling on her and saying,  "MAMA, she is touching it!!!" hahaha!  Then of course I have to put her in time out (we follow the Super Nanny technique) b/c he is watching to see what I will do!  She sits there completely still the whole time and then I tell her why she sat there and then she gives me a hug~seriously, I don't have to ask her for one...she just gives it to me.  I think she has watched her brother go through the drill a MILLION times and knows how it works! hahaha
TA-DA!!  Of course Toopa's had to jump in the picture...classic!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I still can't believe Bailey will sit in time out! I tried to sit O down the other day when she was trying to play with the cat's litter box and it 100% failed! :)

Michelle Ballard said...

Don't give up Ali. Jackson was the same way at first. I think his first time out I had to place him back there about 25 times before he got it. Also~I am a HUGE believer in the super nanny technique. Never saying one word scares them...you just put them back and have a place that they will associate with time out. I really do think Bailey gets it so well b/c she watched Jackson ;)

Tiffany said...

Love that tree picture! Such cute little elf helpers you have there. And I may have to read up on this super nanny technique. So many things to think about going into the second year of life!