Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Nov 16, 2011

Helen

We had a GREAT time in Helen, GA this past weekend.  A HUGE thank you to Nana and Opa who offered to watch the kids while we had a weekend away :)  It was my first time away from Bailey overnight and I did a lot better than I thought I would :)  For those that don't know, in the late 1960’s, Helen was revitalized from a remote mountain community into a replica of a quaint Alpine Village complete with cobblestone alleys and old-world towers.  It is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains (I got this off the visitors website!).  It was about a 2 hour drive for us.
 If you are interested in reading about this Indian Burial click on this link...http://helengeorgia.net/nachoochee-indian-mounds/.  The history is amazing!
 We went horseback riding and then zip lining in the dark! I had never road a horse before, so this was defiantly an eye opening & super fun experience for me! I already told John before we got there that if they offered me a helmet...I would be wearing one! LOL  The owner told us that if you were under 12 you had to wear a helmet and that it was up to the adults to choose if they wanted to wear one.  Can you believe I was the ONLY one in our group to wear one?!?  I guess you can already tell I don't care much about my "looking cool" because I do drive a minivan (by choice!) everyday ;)  No WAY was I going to fall off/or be thrown from a horse and have a head injury, when all I had to do was wear a helmet! :)

 If you look really closely you can see me coming in...I know that there is light from the flash, but you have to understand that it was PITCH black and you could hardly see a thing!!  We only saw by moonlight!  I was awesome!
Here is John coming in!
I am sure John will hate that I posted this, but I had to show how BAD we ate the whole time and both of us said we almost felt physically bad from all the terrible (but so delicious!) food we ate! LOL
 This is the view from our balcony.  The Hooch is in the background.
Here we are again in downtown Helen.  Again...thanks a million times over to my Dad and Mrs. Moe!

No comments: