Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Apr 28, 2011

Humility

I was thinking the other day that I needed to make a post about all the humbling experiences I have had as a mother. There have been a million, but I wanted to name a few. Mainly to show other Mom's how hard I think it is too and also to show that NO ONE has a perfect life or the perfect child. I have been thrown many "can't you control your kids" looks about my kids crying, having a tantrum, ect. I think I am just getting the looks back that I once gave...and YES, I did give them. LITTLE DID I KNOW...I would TOTALLY be that Mom and have that child!!!
~You will complain about your kids, but love them more than your own life...times a million.
~I swore "my kids will never behave that way"....and they TOTALLY do! Even the ones that put on a nice show in public, are not always so nice at home
~Every child hits at some point, whether it be to you, a toy, or one of their friends
~Every child will complain about going to the bathroom, getting dressed, and eating
~I have gone to the grocery store looking like I just got out of bed about A MILLION times. B/c chances are...I barely had a moment to myself to brush my teeth and hair.
~We have had many wear your pajama's days when we don't even leave the house ;)
~I have put Jackson in time-out in restaurants, malls, the grocery store, outside while on a walk, you name it...he has sat in time-out there. (which by the way...people are always amazed that he will actually sit there, at least I have a good time out routine ;) LOL
~NO CHILD always likes to share. I have said, "you have to share" about a billion times!!! You just have to keep at it the rest of their life I think! ;)
~Jackson has been "that kid" at birthday parties, grocery store, the mall, restaurants, Christmas..you name it! And yours will be "that kid" at one of those places too.
~You will inevitably forget something at home...diapers, bottles,wipes, burp cloth, diaper bag, paci, special stuffed animal, or bib...and you find the most inventive ways to get by without whatever it is you have left behind.
~I drive a minivan...I also NEVER thought I would do that! HA...and I LOVE It!!!
~Potty training is like nails on a chalkboard. NO ONE likes to do it and it's TERRIBLE. Even if your kid figures it out in one day...that day was terrible and it will make you never want to do it again!
~Everybody needs a break, don't feel bad if you do.
~I also have a love I never thought possible for my kids. Seriously, it is amazing the love you feel. Before I had kids I have said, "if my child did that I would never talk to them again". That is TOTALLY not the case now, and I can see why parents never give up on their kids. I know I never would. I would always see the good in them, like I do now.

The moral of the story is, watch what you say. Don't be quick to judge another Mom or child, I know I am guilty of it. As John tells me all the time...everyone does things differently, it doesn't mean they are doing it wrong. You will never truly know what you would do unless you were in that particular situation yourself. Jackson is a normal 2 1/2 year old & Bailey is a normal 6 month old. I wouldn't take a moment back...good or bad. The good always out ways the bad anyways. We laugh everyday at what the kids have done that day~heck even if it was something bad! They have all been lessons learned.

4 comments:

Ali said...

We really need to exchange phone numbers (I'm sure I had yours once upon a time) so I can call you when I need some lifting up or a good kick in the pants.

The Sims Family said...

I LOVE this blog!!! I am in total agreement with you about everything! Your kids are pretty awesome...because you are such a great Mommy! But you're right, they all have their moments, good and bad!! I miss you and hope to see you soon! Love ya girl!

Jessi said...

Whatever Michelle. MY kids are NEVER those kids. Haha! Maybe you just need to do more time outs. Hahahah!!! Love this post and love you....SO TRUE!!!

Tiffany said...

Cute post! I'm sure I have a lot of those things too look forward to...

If only I could use the baby as an excuse about my grocery store attire. I've been going looking like I just got outta bed for, well, ever ;)