Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Oct 17, 2013

Onesie dress and t-shirt dress

One of my best friends Nicole is having another baby girl and asked me to make her a dress like my friend Jessi made for me when I had Bailey ( http://jackson-ballard.blogspot.com/2010/09/bachelorette-parties-gt-football-and.html) . I can't believe I have never tried to make it and I even had the instructions pinned on pinterest (http://barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/dress-for-coco.html).  So I took on the challenge and was so excited with how it turned out!  Luckily I had kept Bailey's dresses that Jessi made for her and could even have something use as a model :)  I was so happy with how they turned out!  I even went further and thought, hmmmm...I could make this for Bailey but instead of a onesie, use a t-shirt.  

**My only tip I will add that the lady doing the tutorial did not is that when making the flower, it is easiest to start with the smallest petal and then make them bigger and bigger holding each one and cutting around the next.  I hope that makes sense ;) Also, I used Frey Check all around the edges of each pedal to keep it from freying. It seemed to work great.  I love Frey Check, it is awesome.  I use it around button holes I make too.  It seems to really work. **
 Well, the t-shirt was a success too!! I used the same instructions and math and it turned out great!!!  So excited.  Instead of measuring the length of the onesie, I measured the length of a dress that had the length I was trying to achieve.  Most importantly, Bailey LOOOOVES it and didn't want to take it off :)  Whew!  




No comments: