Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Feb 10, 2012

Amy's Calzone Recipe

If you are like me, then you hate cooking dinner and more than that...you hate figuring out what you are going to eat!  Well, my sister-in-law Amy told me about this super easy and yummy recipe for a calzone and I thought I would share!  It take me less than 10 min. to get this ready and I LOVE that about it!
 List of things to buy:
~Pillsbury Simply French Bread
~ Mozzarella cheese (I use 2 cups, but use whatever you feel like!)
~Oregano or Italian seasoning
~Olive Oil
~Any toppings you like!  This time I used pepperoni, diced ham, and jalapeno's on John's side :) Other ideas are mushrooms, sausage, fresh spinach, peppers, any lunch meat you may have, onions, whatever!  This is also great to cut into thin pieces and serve as an appetizer at a party! Thanks again Amy for sharing!!
~Something to dip your calzone into like ranch or spaghetti sauce!

How to make your Calzone:
1. Put foil down on a cookie sheet and rub olive oil all over the foil.
2. Unroll the French Bread by following the seam and unraveling it. Tip: Roll it out in the air...it doesn't do too well if you do it on the pan.  It ends up being a big thin rectangle the size of your cookie sheet.
2. Put your ingredients on the one side closest to you (much like they do at Subway). Make sure to put your cheese down first and last-or top and bottom :)  Put all your ingredients in between the cheese. Then sprinkle on your oregano or Italian seasoning.
3. Fold the top of the bread over the bottom (again, like they would at Subway!).
4.Then follow the intructions for baking the bread that are on the package and your done!
 Here is what it looks like on the pan...mmmmmm.
And here is what it looks like on my plate! ha!  

No comments: