Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jun 20, 2011

Father's Day Blessings

We went to my Mom's pool this Thursday and we all had so much fun!!
 I finally have Jackson drinking from a regular cup and he is doing great!
 Bouncin' on Dad's knee!
 Loving on their favorite guy!  You should see how they BOTH light up when he gets home. Bailey crawls faster than I see all day straight to him :)  And Jackson is usually doing a dance of excitement!
 Bailey Boo and Uncle Stephen...or Untle Stee-ben as Jackson would say ;)
 checking out Dad's new gift!
 John had some help opening of course :)
We celebrated Father's Day with my Dad on Saturday night and my brother came up too!  We had a great weekend full of relaxing, going to the pool, eating yummy food, and just enjoying each other.  This Father's Day meant more to me than previous ones.  A good friend of mine from my women's bible study groups' brother-in-law was just given two weeks to live the other day.  He had cancer in his cheek (which they had removed successfully a few months ago) but was told it had spread to his brain and their was nothing they could do.  He is our age.  He will be leaving behind my friend's sister and their 3 children.  I had tears in my eyes a great deal this weekend as I counted my blessings on all that we have.  I should remember not to complain about not having new carpet, needing to loose a few pounds, wishing John didn't work so much, wishing our yard was in better shape, or just complaining in general.  We have the most important thing of all~love for each other & health. I can't imagine how their Father's Day must have been and I thought about that all day.  About how lucky we are.   You just never know what life may bring and you only get one chance to live. So thank you John, for all that you provide for our family~all your love and support. You have given me 2 beautiful kids and I couldn't imagine life without all of you! 

3 comments:

Ali said...

So sweet! We are truly blessed. Sadly, sometimes it takes a little perspective to remember that. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself to breathe and take it all in and be thankful.

LOVE the pictures Jackson took...hilarious.

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, I'll be praying for your friend and his family. What an unimaginably hard thing to deal with. Sure makes you stop and think.

Love all the recent pictures!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh!!!! :( Def sending lots of thoughts and prayers to your friends family. Love!!