Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mar 25, 2011

My very own Handy Man


This is John's newest project, which made me want to write a whole blog post about some of the things he has done for us! This is a water faucet that he put in at the top of our driveway.

Cooper is standing in the background where he routed the water from to do the faucet. He had to dig the ditch, connect the pvc piping and all sorts of other stuff (I am TERRIBLE at explaining his projects if you can't already tell...they are just so complicated~to me at least!) Eventually John is going to put in a sprinkler system (I know!),but this is a start.
John rewired every room in our entire house with CAT5, phone, cable, and Internet.

Yep, this was once open and went into the garage, it was so silly that it was ever there and John put up drywall and covered up the doorway. I know the paint is a different color, but the whole hallways needs to be repainted anyways. (gotta love that Cooper posed in front of it for me!)

John built this cool holder for the boat motor, so it can now be in our garage and off the floor.

He put up this air hose reel (oh, and yes he has a HUGE air compressor for all his projects), an extension cord reel (one of the best gift I came up with for him!) and yep, he did all that copper piping to route the air to it from the air compressor.

He put garage door openers in our kitchen so we can open them from upstairs (soooo helpful!) and he also rewired and programed our alarm system himself!

Not sure if I ever posted the finished product of the drain he put in outside our garage...looks so great huh? I did think it was a little overboard at first, but now I love it!

He put up this hose reel outside the other day. I know this doesn't seem like that big of a project, but did you see how he put up boards to mount it and painted them too?!?!

What your looking for is the post by the tree. If you look closely you will see that John installed a thing (don't know the name for it) that beeps when anything goes down the driveway. It's for safety for the children in case they are playing at the bottom of the driveway and it helps us know if an intruder or anything is going down the driveway...it does a loud BEEP when anything crosses in it's path.

John planted blueberry trees that his Mom sweetly gave us. And if you look in the background you can see the faucet up at the top of our driveway (I know...WHO else can say they know how to do that?!?!)

He fixed the mailbox that I gently nudged and it happen to fall onto the ground ;) (sorry about blurring our #, but there are are some creepy people in this world)

He put together our new grill that we have been waiting 6 long months to buy. And yep...he even routed our gas line through the basement up into our deck so that we never have to buy another gas tank!! He said that was one of his hardest projects he has done.

He replaced the timing belt on my car a few weeks ago. He also change a bunch of other belts and all sorts of other stuff too. He does all of our brakes and you name if for our cars (he was a certified mechanic all through highschool). All of these projects are both recent and from past years. I am sure I am butchering the wording on what he has done,but I didn't want him to know I was doing this post, b/c John doesn't like/expect that kind of attention...but he deserves it ;) I should also add that I am sure a lot of these are not completely finished and he would not want you to judge him on things that are not perfect yet! To that, I say he is amazing. No one else I know would even know where to start on ANY of these projects!! There are a million more things he has done for us over the past almost 7 years since we have been married, but it would be way too long of a post if I named them all~seriously. I know I complain sometimes and tell him his ideas are crazy and the time it takes, but he always does them perfectly. I usually eat my words,b/c I usually end up loving what he has done! I just wanted him to know how much we all appreciate all the things he does for us and how much I love my handy man :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOW! I am SO impressed! I mean really, how does one man know how to do ALL of that stuff?!?!

Ali said...

Holy cow!! Those are all great projects. How nice to have a handy man living at your house. Go John!