Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Feb 8, 2011

Bailey's 4 month check-up


Bailey has really started getting the hang of playing with little toys.

She played for about 20 min. with this one while I was cooking and then was out! :) So sweet!

Bailey got to start her solids when she turned 4 months. We were in Auburn, so the whole Ballard family got to watch :) It was Janet's, Dan's, and Em's birthdays.

A certain someone got jealous and said he wanted some too! He thought it was ice cream and he acted like he enjoyed it, but I think he just enjoyed everyone laughing and having the center of attention :) This morning when I was feeding Bailey Jackson said, "Dats Baiy-yee's happy to you". He calls birthday cake and ice cream "happy to you" from the birthday song :)

What she looked like after the first bite!
She can hold her self up pretty good...but not for very long!
Weight: 13lbs 14oz (70th %ile)
Height: 28 inches (75th %ile)

I was shocked when the Dr. told me her %ile's b/c I think she is so tiny! I guess I can't compare her to Jackson b/c boy's charts are completely different. I think it's also b/c of how big Jackson is now, it makes her seem EXTRA small! Bailey has a wonderful little personality. She smiles ALL the time! In fact, she won't eat sometimes b/c she is looking at me and smiling! It's hilarious! She still loves the high chair~it's her favorite place to be besides being held! Here is what is going on with her this month...

~she wakes up 3 times a night like clockwork! 11 or 11:30pm ; 2 or 2:30am ; 4 or 5am.
~she ROLLED OVER a few times from her belly to her back
~She wakes up between 8-8:30am every morning like clockwork too
~she could watch Jackson ALL day, she loves to look at him and Cooper too actually :)
~she does not like to eat when she gets up, she has to have a conversation and hang out first anywhere from 30min-1 hr (seriously...she won't eat...she just smiles and talks! Is she a girl or what! I have NO idea where she gets that ;)
~she definitely likes the T.V and could watch Up and Pixar movies for quite a while
~she is very jumpy and is easily scared, John laughs b/c I am EXACTLY like that
~she has gotten better about riding in the car and doesn't hate it so much anymore
~she chews on her hands constantly and loves to look at them and her feet too
~I LOVE to hear her playing with her toys while I am driving...melts my heart!

It is all happing so fast. I am not in a hurry like I was last time. I have my moments of feeling overwhelmed (in fact I did yesterday!), but for the most part...I am much more calm about everything this time around. I don't watch the clock on feedings, I REALLY wanted to know if she was gaining the correct amount of weight because of breastfeeding...but I let it go and trusted my instint and I was right :) She is on a schedule, mainly b/c her brother is...so she just goes with that. She has basically been on one for at least a month now.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I love reading your updates on Miss Bailey! It gives me so much to look forward to with Olivia. She's precious. And I just love Jackson eating her food. Hilarious.