Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jul 26, 2014

Outtakes from moving/renovating

I look back at these and crack up :) Seems like it was all so long ago. Below is one of the first times we looked at the house and John of course found a snake.  We took it as a good sign b/c John is obsessed with them and loves everything about nature and all Gods creatures (minus spiders go figure...he is not a fan of those :)  He is such a good Daddy. 
 This was our first meal in the house.


 oooooh the wall paper.  very glad we hired someone to paint and re-carpet the whole house! 




 Did I mention that John also changed out every single light switch, outlet, and all of their covers as well?? It made a huge difference, but took him a few days to complete. We found out it would have cost $10 a switch plus materials.  It would have been well over $1,000 if we paid someone. 
 Enjoying a dinner out during the moving process while our parents had the kids. 
 We spray painted the fireplace ourselves. It was brass and we used a special spraypaint that withstands heat.  We did this in our old house too.  Turned out great. 


 Sweet Grandma making forts with them while we moved :)

 Finding our first slug :)
 After much discussion, John finally agreed to let a professional (my sister-in-laws brother is an awesome electrician if you even need one I can give you his number) to change out the fan that was 20ft up in the air. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

LOVE your house and I cant believe all of the changes! I know what you mean about being thankful for others helping while you work! My parents have kept my kids SO much while we have shopped for a house and I dont know how we would have done it with out them!!