Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sep 6, 2013

Yuuuummmmm


I made homemade  Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup tonight and it was soooooooo good!  I was also super easy :) I found it off pinterest of course and thought I would share! 
 Ingredients:
 1lb chicken breast, trimmed 
15oz can sweet whole corn kernels, drained 
15oz can diced tomatoes, drained 
5C chicken stock 
3/4C onion, chopped 
3/4C green pepper, chopped
 1 serrano pepper, minced (I found this at Kroger, I never heard of it before)
2 cloves garlic, minced
 1/4 tsp chili powder 
1 1/2 tsp salt, divided 
1 tsp ground pepper, divide
Mexican cheese to sprinkle on top 
Sour cream (I didn't add this b/c I didn't think of it, but I bet it would be good!)

All I did was put everything in a crock-pot except chicken and stir, then I added chicken and set my crock-pot.  You just want it long enough for the chicken to fall apart.  It will look very thin until you add the cheese to your bowl, wow...I am already looking forward to tomorrows left overs!

No comments: