Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mar 28, 2013

Repurposing

I got this jacket at Walmart for $9 a few weeks ago knowing that I would have to do something about those hearts.  Just was not a fan of them ;)  I remembered today about this bubble I had saved that had Bailey's initials on it.  It was one of my very favorites from last summer and sadly it got holes in the bottom, so I didn't feel so bad cutting it up.  I typically don't initial much for Bailey b/c I really like to pass things down to people.  Anyways here is how it went...

Before pics


Here is the bubble I cut her initials from (oh my GOODNESS how she has GROWN!! And look at how short her hair was!)
And her is the after pics...



I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  All I did was cut the initials out of the bubble (using a cup as my circle guide) and then I put Fray Check (it does exactly what the name says, helps fabric from fraying...life long sewers sware by it!) around the edge.  After the Fray Check dried I pinned it on and sewed it!  All of this took less than 30 min!
**So glad my sis-in-law Amy told me to save things with initials and she did something similar to this, but with a t-shirt for my niece :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good job mama! I have a stack of little ts with Hardin's name. I might have to try something like this!

Lauren said...

love this and may have to steal the idea!!