Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jun 27, 2010

Reflecting on 30 years


My brother meeting me for the first time :)


At my Grandmom and Grandad's pool!


This was me and Amy in 8th grade (it was Halloween and we just wore my cheerleader outfits as costumes!)

Ashley, Nicole, Meredith, Me, and Allie at our High school Graduation

One of the first times I went to John's house, I think we had only been on a few dates at this point :)

One of the happiest days of my life!!

My college graduation day!

Jackson was born only a few moments earlier and this was our first official picture as a family :)

This was taken yesterday at White Water for my birthday celebration!
It was hard to go through and only pick a few pictures to reflect back on my entire 30 years. Those are just some of my favorite moments. I think my Grandad Ostien explained getting older to me best. He told me that from the inside looking out, you always feel the same age...the outside looking in however, is a whole other story ;) He was so right!! I can still see myself at 16 riding around in the car with Allie, Ashley, Nicole, and Meredith like it was just yesterday!!! I still can not believe that 15 years has gone by since those days. I can say one thing for sure though, if I had a glimpse into my future life back then...I would have been ecstatic! I really am so blessed to have the life I do today. I am happily married to the man of my dreams who has given me a life I could not have even dreamed for and help me to reach goals I never felt possible, I have a wonderful family who have always supported me in all that I do, the best in-laws a girl could ask for (feels weird even calling them that, because they feel like my own parents...sisters and brothers), I have my college degree, I never thought I could love the way I do until I had Jackson~he is my heart, my baby girl Bailey on the way~who I can't wait to meet!!!!, and a beautiful home :) Life is just as I would always hoped it would be :)

No comments: