Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Nov 6, 2013

All about Jackson and his 5 year old personality

 Jackson's personality has changed so much in the past 2 years.  He is MUCH more outgoing and hardly ever has a meltdown about being shy.  Actually, he hardly ever has meltdowns these days.  If he starts to have one, he is usually pretty easy to talk down.  Mainly b/c he is finally understanding life.  He understands that while we may have to leave the playground or finish playing a video game, that he will indeed play it again another time.  He can now rationalize things and has such a better attitude on life in general.  The only exception to that rule is food.  Ugh, he is still so hard headed about what he will try and what he will eat.  But, we are getting there and he is leaps and bounds better than he was.  He is so super sweet and is always saying "please, thank you, and no thank you".  He always takes his plate to the sink after a meal and is so good about doing things like putting his shoes by the front door.  These may sound trivial, but everything they do themselves is so awesome for me and gives them confidence.  He has such a kind heart and if I cry or get hurt, he is always making sure I am ok.  In fact, yesterday John and I were snuggling on the couch and he said, "awe, that's so nice that you are snuggling with Daddy". He has such sweet compliments.  He told me my hair smelled beautiful the other day.   He LOOOVES to snuggle just like his sister.  He will give me lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day :) He has a HUGE imagination and is so fun to watch what he makes up.  He loves his new friends from down the street and wants to play outside with them constantly.
He has many wonderful talents.  He knows our phone number, can zip his own jacket, he is beginning to read with me (I am using Hooked on Phonics and it is fabulous!! I highly recommend it!), and  he knows all of his letter sounds.  He gets himself all ready for school every morning and typically I let him pick out his outfit, he does pretty good :)  I love the questions he asks me.  He has such a sweet little mind and love when he shares his thoughts.  He absolutely loves school and learning in general.  His teacher is SO good about making them do things themselves and showing them they can do it.
I still can't believe his is 5.  He is still so little though, I watch him at Karate and just could cry at how sweet, innocent, and little he still is.  He has blessed us in so many ways and taught us so much about life.  We are so very lucky God chose us to be his parents.

No comments: